This feature allows the user to run GPTfy via Salesforce plugin on Outlook. This helps the user to run a particular prompt on a salesforce record on the Outlook salesforce plugin which is related to an Outlook.
Step-by-step procedure for configuring GPTfy on Outlook Salesforce Plugin as follows.
- Enable Enhanced Email for Gmail in Salesforce. Follow this article for more help.
- Go to Chrome Web store and Install the Salesforce extension from here.
- Login in to the Outlook plugin and connect with the salesforce org.
- A Data Context Mapping and an active Prompt exist for the object.
- A Visualforce page for the object Account is available.
Step 1: Open any Salesforce Record.
- Log in to your Salesforce org.
- Navigate to any Salesforce record. For Example, you can open an account record.
Step 2: Access the Lightning Page Editor
- Click on the gear icon located in the upper-right corner of the page.
- From the dropdown menu, select “Edit Page.” This action will launch the Lightning Page Editor.
Step 3: Add GPTfy Console
- In the Page Editor, on the left-hand side, locate the custom component named “GPTfy Console (Mobile)”.
- Drag and drop the “GPTfy Console (Mobile)” onto the details section of the page.
- Click the save and back button.
Step 4: Add the ‘AISalesforceExtensionAccountVF’ Visualforce page to the account layout.
- Open Account page layout.
- Add a section with a single column above the account information section.
- Click on the Visualforce pages on the left panel in the layout.
- Drag and drop the ‘AISalesforceExtensionAccountVF’ on to the section that was created earlier.
- Increase the height of the VF page by clicking the wrench icon and add preferred height value. Select show scrollbars
- Click save.
Go to the Section Microsoft® Outlook® Web App Domain and click on the New button.
Fill the information as given below and save it
Allow list has been added, now login to the Outlook 365 web version and create new mail.
Click on the three dots and login to the Salesforce org as given below
Login to the Salesforce Org and click on the Confirm button
Now Salesforce org has been connected with Outlook, and the users can see the Account records.
Active prompts are visible now from the GPTFy console by opening any Account record and the user can run those prompts
After running the prompt, the response gets generated in the salesforce Extension frame with scrollbars to view the response completely.
User can also copy the response and paste in the email body to send as shown below.
In this way, users can integrate Outlook to Salesforce and send the responses generated by the GPTfy.